The successful candidate will establish her/his own group conducting research and teaching in the area of parallel computing. Research and teaching experiences are expected to include several of the following topics:
- The design, analysis and implementation of efficient (including general purpose) parallel algorithms.
- The design and optimization of effective programming languages, models and methods for parallel programs.
- The design and analysis of parallel and high performance computing systems, such as SMP, cluster, and multi-core systems.
- The development of algorithms and environments for parallel-, cluster- and multi-core computing.
- Integration of parallel computing systems to modern infrastructures such as grids and clouds.
- Programming environments (including tools for semi- or automatic parallelization) for efficient development of parallel programs.
The applicant should have demonstrated her/his ability to apply the above methods in various areas of Computational Science and Engineering such as e-science and simulation.
June 15, 2009
A more detailed announcement and information on how to apply can be found at http://www.informatik.tuwien.ac.at/PC.pdf