Application deadline for admission to the Bachelor with Honors program (Winter term 2019/20): Septemer 1, 2019
Anna Chmurovicova and Thomas Hader successfully applied for the
extremely selective Student Research Fellowship program at ETH Zürich.
Jakob Troidl conducted an industrial R&D internship at Brainlab (Munich) and attended a summer school at the Visual Computing Center at KAUST (Saudi Arabia).
Successful application of Markus Nissl for a Summer@EPFL internship project.
Daniel Öhlinger managed to get his first research paper entitled "The Involution Tool for Accurate Digital Timing and Power Analysis" accepted for presentation at the conference PATMOS'19 in Rhodes, Greece.
Marcel Moosbrugger and Timon Höbert successfully applied for the "GoBoiler Summer Research Program" at the Department of Computer Science of Purdue University.
The Bachelor with Honors Program is an additional offer to the regular Bachelor programs of Computer Science and Business Informatics. Bachelor students who qualify for the program have individualized opportunities to broaden and deepen their knowledge and skills.
Individual mentoring and an interdisciplinary approach, as well as flexibility in tailoring the studies and clear, performance-based rules are hallmarks of the Honors Program.
Admission to and completion of the Honors Program is determined exclusively by means of performance-based criteria.
What do I get upon graduation?
A certificate, signed by the Rektorin, the Vice Rektor for Academic Affairs, the Dean and the Dean of Academic Affairs, which acknowledges the completion of the Bachelor with Honors program.
A personal letter of recommendation from our Rektorin, which certifies that you have successfully completed our Bachelor with Honors program and hence belong to the top-5% of the students at TU Wien.
The admission requirements include
- An eligible mentor (a professor of the faculty)
- A coherent Bachelor with Honors program covering 45 to 60 ECTS of Bachelor or Master courses of choice, agreed with the mentor, that comes on top of the regular (180 ECTS) Bachelor program.
- Successful completion of at least 72 ECTS of regular, mandatory Bachelor courses
- Weighted grade point average ≤ 2.0 (Austrian grades range between 1[best] … 5[worst])
The criteria for completion include
- Completion of regular Bachelor program with distinction
- Weighted grade point average (regular Bachelor program and Bachelor with Honors program) ≤ 1.5
- Total duration of studies ≤ 9 terms
The individual Bachelor with Honors can be composed of
- Research-related mandatory Bachelor-level courses offered by universities, from any discipline
- Informatics-related Master-level courses offered by universities
- Specific courses and internships for Bachelor with Honors
The Bachelor with Honors program needs approval by the Deans of Academic Affairs.
Contact Bachelor with Honors
Contact address: email@example.com
- Ulrich Schmid (Coordinator)
- Hilda Tellioglu (Dean of Academic Affairs for Computer Science)
- Christian Huemer (Dean of Academic Affairs for Business Informatics)
- Martin Wagner (Public Relation)
- BHons information event for prospective students for the next WS 2019/2020 (application deadline: September 1, 2019) on June 18, 2019 (17:00-18:30, EI 2 Pichelmayer HS, Gusshausstrasse)
- Infineon sponsors two scholarships (a € 3.000,--) for BHons students/graduates (application deadline: April 1, 2019)
- University of Illinios at Urbana-Champaign opens new internship program (Deadline: 1. April 2019)
- New call for GoBoiler Internship Program of Purdue University
- Graduation ceremony for our very first BHons graduates Timon Höbert und Johannes Vass at the EPILOG of the Faculty of Informatics.
- Infineon and Bosch open calls for BHons internship applications.
- ETH Zürich opens two calls for research internship applications.
- Informations about Internship projects are to be found here.
- From the 2018 report of the International Advisory Boards (IAB)
of the Fakultät für Informatik at TU Wien [Hans Akkermans (Vrije
Universiteit Amsterdam), Carlo Ghezzi (Politecnico di Milano),
Edward A. Lee (UC Berkeley), Nadia Magnenat-Thalmann (University
of Geneva / Nanyang Technological University), Moshe Vardi
"The Bachelor with Honors program is a great initiative. The initial implementation shows a lot of promise. The internship program is especially laudable."
- New Bachelor with Honors Internship Partner. ENS Paris-Saclay (ex ENS Cachan), Max-Planck-Institut für Informatik Saarbrücken, Infineon Austria, Intel CRI for Secure Computing Darmstadt.
- New Scholarships. Infineon Austria and Intel sponsor 1-year Bachelor with Honors Scholarships.
- GoBoiler! Project List Internship-Programm Purdue University available (Application deadline: March 18, 2018).
- Possibility of sponosored participation in the Austrian delegation to the CoTalent Workshop of the European Honors Council, Mid-June in Groningen, NL (Details, Contact).