|Natural Sciences||Dr.rer.nat.||6 terms||180 ECTS, 162 thereof for the thesis|
|Social Sciences and Humanities||Dr.rer.soc.oec.||6 terms||180 ECTS, 162 thereof for the thesis|
|Technical Sciences||Dr.techn.||6 terms||180 ECTS, 162 thereof for the thesis|
- Curricula, in German
- Further Information about the enrollment of a dissertation and the graduation you may find on the webpages of the Dean's office.
- Information about the application for a doctoral program you may find on the webpages of the Department for studies and examinations.
Vienna PhD School of Informatics
The Vienna PhD School of Informatics is an international PhD School, funded by the Vienna University of Technology (TU Vienna), the city of Vienna and private sponsors.
PhD students for this full-time program are recruited world-wide, all courses are held in English. The PhD School is located at the Vienna University of Technology and admits Austrian as well as international students annually. Specifically, TU Vienna invites applications for a maximum of 15 PhD scholarships per year.
The Faculty of Informatics is currently involved in the following doctoral programs:
- Logical Methods in Computer Science (LogiCS), coordinator: S. Szeider
- Cyber-Physical Production Systems, coordinator: S. Schulte
- Adaptive Distributed Systems, coordinator: G. Kappel (phasing out)
- Computational Perception, coordinator: M. Gelautz (phasing out)
- Environmental Informatics, coordinator: S. Dustdar (phasing out)
These doctoral programs are funded by the Vienna University of Technology.
Resilient Embedded Systems, director: A.Steininger
This doctoral program is funded by the Austrian BMBWF and run jointly by TU Wien and FH Technikum Wien.