Which documents do I need for my application?
- Identification document / passport
- Academic Degrees
- Summary of your diploma / master thesis
- Motivation letter
- English Knowledge Certificates
- Optional: Research proposal
- 2 letters of recommendation (these need to be submitted by the referees)
For further details check the Admission section of this website.
Which English Language Certificates are accepted?
- TOEFL score of at least 550 paper-based, 217 computer-based or 81 internet-based
- IELTS score 6.0 or higher
- CAE score B or higher
These tests are not required of native English speakers, or if the primary laguage of instruction at the university attended was English.
I have not yet completed my degree, may I already apply?
Yes, if you expect to graduate by October 1, 2015, you can apply.
I am not a citizen of the EU, may I apply?
Yes, students for this international PhD School are recruited world-wide.
I am an international student, where can I get help with visas, housing, etc?
OeAD, the Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research is Austria’s leading non-profit service in the field of international co-operation in education and research. They will gladly assist you in these matters.
I have additional questions, whom may I contact?
Please contact the PhD School administration at email@example.com.