A 3-Day Workshop concluding with the i²c NetworkingFriday (Conference Day) where all scientists of all faculties of TU Vienna are offered the chance to investigate the business potential of their conducted R&D projects/PhD topics.
In this three-day workshop participants go through a number of crucial steps to evaluate their PhD, R&D or other project results to identify the potential for commercialization. The bootcamp style days will be intense work with inter-/national trainers, mentors, founders and/or business angels working together with you on your ideas and the individual business model.
On day 4 the i²c StartAcademy will conclude with the i²c NetworkFriday - an innovation conference which is designed as a network event where part of the program is dedicated to a pitch challenge. Participating teams of the i²c StartAcademy have the opportunity to pitch their projects to potential investors, corporates and/or interested stakeholders. The other part is dedicated to intense networking with industry potential investors, and/or project partners.
The i²c StartAcademy offers...
• a discussion of the project´s potential (PhD thesis, funded research project results, other ideas and projects)
• mentoring and practical advice from inter-/national trainers, founders and investors
• methods and tools to set up a business model and finance scheme
• an open and collaborative, interdisciplinary atmosphere
• marketing advise & pitch training
• sustainable service through a mentoring program (for the time after the workshop)
• access to the founders and investors network around the i²c and Startup community
• participation is limited to a maximum of 10 projects
• Pitch at the Tel Aviv Pitch Challenge 2017 (WKO goInternational)
• Pitch at AAIA (Austrian Angel Investment Association) - decision pending
• i²c High Potential PhD Result Award (€ 5000,-- realisation grant for the time past your PhD defense) and work space in the i²c FounderSpace incl. i²ncubator program
• StartupLeitner package (€ 5000,--)
• Ticket for the Pioneers Festival 2016
• abstract of the project
• synopsis of your expectations on the i²c StartAcademy program
• the project/PhD has to be in progress or completed
• preferably a team consisting of 2-3 members per project (names and affiliation)
• workshop and communication language: English
• Submission Deadline: November 22nd
• Send your application documents and further questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Expert jury decision
• Notification by email
• further information with the notification
More details can be found on our website.
Note: For those who are interested in the StartAcademym the incoming workshop “Raising Capital Through the Lifecycle of a Company” might be of additional value. Limited places are available and registration is required under the following link.
The StartAcademy 2016 is organized by the Informatics Innovation Center i2c and Institute of Software Technology and Interactive